Tell Clinton, Obama, and Edwards to Produce an Out-of-Iraq Plan for 2009
- Bob FertikWant to meet our members? Click 'Join' above!
During the Democratic Presidential debate at Dartmouth College on 9/26/07, the candidates gave their timetables for getting all U.S. troops out of Iraq.
- Kucinich: 4/09
- Richardson: 1/10
- Dodd: 1/13
- Edwards: will keep 3,500 to 5,000 troops to protect the U.S. Embassy and humanitarian workers
- Obama: combat troops out by 5/10 but will keep troops to fight Al Qaeda and protect our embassy and civilians
- Clinton: will keep combat and Special Operations Forces to fight Al Qaeda
- Biden: keep troops only for peacekeeping
Please click the link for each candidate's contact page and copy/paste the letter below or write your own.
I am appalled and outraged that you want to keep U.S. troops as an occupying force in Iraq until 2013.
We only invaded Iraq because Bush and Cheney lied. Our invasion has cost the lives of 3800 brave soldiers, 1 million innocent Iraqis, and $500 billion tax dollars. Our military is broken.
The Iraqi people want us to end our occupation, and support killing our troops to drive us out. Our occupation is driving more Muslims around the world to join Al Qaeda. Every day we occupy Iraq makes America LESS safe.
Dennis Kucinich has a plan to get all our troops out of Iraq in three months of his presidency and Bill Richardson's plan takes a year. We call upon you to propose a plan to bring all our troops home in 2009.