- Bob FertikWant to meet our members? Click 'Join' above!
March 19 marks the 5th Anniversary of Bush's disastrous invasion and occupation of Iraq - yet there is no end in sight.
The costs so far are staggering: 4,000 young Americans killed, tens of thousands maimed... 1 million Iraqis killed, millions maimed... $562 billion in tax dollars stolen from our children... $3 trillion cost to our economy through veterans care, weapons replacement, higher oil prices, and the collapsing dollar. All that in just 5 years!
We elected a Democratic Congress in 2006 to bring our troops home, but they keep giving Bush blank checks. Incredibly, Congress will soon vote on another $102 billion blank check.
On this 5th Anniversary, it is time for everyone who hates this occupation to do something about it. And we're making it as simple and effective as we can.
We're calling it a Fax-In. It's like a sit-in, only you can do it from home.
1. Fax an image to Congress that visually expresses how you feel about the endless occupation of Iraq. We've posted a few ideas here, but we welcome all of yours (post thumbnails please with link to original).
|Iraq War Art|
Just print it out in black & white and make sure it's readable enough to go through a fax.
Make a simple cover page with your name(s), street address, email address, and the number of years you have voted. Write a brief message explaining the image you chose and why you want to bring our troops home. It's easiest if you do this in your word processor and save the document (see below).
In big thick letters, write "OutOfIraq.org" on the cover page and the image itself.
Look up the fax (and phone) numbers of your Representative and Senators by entering your address on the right side here:
or use this directory:
2. Email your Representatives by signing our "Out of Iraq" petition on the right side here:
As you fill out the form, copy/paste your fax cover message (see above) into the "personal message" box.
This will accomplish several goals:
a. Tally how many people participate - we really need a million or more!
b. Let you forward this message to your friends.
c. Let your Representatives respond to you easily via email.
3. Share with Democrats.com your "personal message" and other thoughts on this effort by copy/pasting it as a comment reply here (login required):
4. Spread the word about this effort through other blogs, social networks like Facebook, talk radio, etc. Just tell everyone to visit IraqFaxIn.com
Polls show over 60% of Americans believe the war in Iraq wasn't worth fighting. That translates to 140 million Americans!
If we can get just 1 out of 100 Americans who oppose the war to join our fax-in, that's 1.4 million people.
So please participate - and pass this on to everyone you know who doesn't want to waste one more soldier, civilian, or dollar in Iraq.
As always, thanks for all you do.