Democrats Should Boycott FOX Altogether
- Bob FertikWant to meet our members? Click 'Join' above!
Progressive blogs are furious that the Nevada Democratic Party cut some secret deal with FOX News to let FOX host the first Democratic presidential debate in August. The blogs are also furious that the Congressional Black Caucus is cutting a similar deal with FOX.
I have a simple question: why don't Democrats boycott FOX altogether? By that I mean:
- No Democratic elected or party official should do a 1-on-1 interview with FOX News or appear as a guest on any FOX News show
- Democratic consultants, "strategists," and candidates should abide by the same rule
- FOX News reporters and cameras should be excluded from Democratic events like fundraisers that do not take place in public buildings
- Democratic voters should demand Congressional passage of "a la carte" pricing for cable TV so we don't have to pay for FOX News
- Democratic voters should boycott all companies that advertise on FOX News
Obviously FOX has earned a Democratic boycott by repeatedly lying about Democrats. Remember at the height of the Mark Foley (R-FL) scandal when FOX labeled him a Democrat? That's just one tiny example of the FOX's crimes against Democrats - and against truth.
Politically, Democrats get virtually no votes from viewers who depend exclusively on FOX so they will reach just as many potential voters by appearing on all the other networks.
Let's use the power Congress refuses to use to end the war - the power of the purse - our purse!
Isn't it time we held FOX accountable for its endless lies?
Update 1: Dan Manatt of PoliticsTV is refusing to webcast the FOX debate - you go Dan! Mark Green of Air America Radio is insisting on full equality as co-host of the debate - hey Mark, just schedule your own debate for the very same time and let the candidates decide which one they want to participate in (hehe)! Senator Harry Reid is turning against the FOX debate, saying "I don't like FOX News" - then don't appear on it!
Update 2: FOX News president Roger Ailes is freaking out over the netroots campaign against FOX's debate and threatening Democratic candidates with revenge:
candidates are being asked to boycott debates because certain groups wants to approve the sponsoring organizations. This pressure must be resisted as it has been in the past. Any candidate for high office of either party who believes he can blacklist any news organization is making a terrible mistake about journalists.
I'd say that threat alone justifies a FOX News boycott by all Democrats!